FACTS ABOUT aluminium
• Aluminium has been produced commercially since 1888 and now is the second most used metal in the world after iron. Aluminium is the third most abundant element in the earth’s crust. Approximately two-thirds of aluminium ever produced is still in use today as it can be recycled endlessly without compromising any of its unique properties or quality.
• Aluminium is strong, durable, flexible, impermeable, light-weight, corrosion resistant and 100% recyclable. Aluminium can be alloyed with a number of different elements, take many forms, and have various surface finishes, which makes it an appealing material for use in a vast array of applications.
• Because of its versatility aluminium has become a popular application in construction and building; air, road, rail and sea transport; packaging; and electronics. Aluminium’s contribution to a more sustainable future is becoming more widely recognised, and its reputation as an “energy and resource bank” is seeing it used in place of other metals like steel.
WE BUY and WE SELL
• Cast Aluminium Loose (Tense)
• Cast Aluminium Shredded (Tense)
• Old Rolled Aluminium Shredded (Taint Tabor)
• Aluminium Extrusion – Clean/Painted
• Short Cropped (Tread)
• Aluminium Turnings Briquettes
• Pucks (Telic)
• Zorba Shredded